The other day I listened to a sermon by Dr. David Jeremiah titled “God Loved You Before You Were Born”. This series has been amazing and like the previous sermon on God’s love that I listened to by him, I decided to share my notes with you about it. Feel free to just click that first link and listen to it for yourself, but if you want the condensed version, here you go:
How can you love someone you’ve never seen?
- God loves you! Before you were born, before the foundation of the world!
- It’s an inherited trait! We are made in the image of God.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
1. God knew our identity before we were born.
- He loved us as he was forming us.
- No one loved us or touched us before God did.
- He loves with a first love, unlimited, unconditional.
2. God knew our complexity before we were born.
- He created each cell, and put it in it’s place.
- The mathematical complexity of the human body is beyond comprehension.
Your hands have made and fashioned me;
give me understanding that I may learn your commandments.
3. Shows individuality of child in mothers womb.
- Human life begins at conception from biological point of view.
- God loves all of us individually, magnificently, knowingly.
4. God knows our destiny.
Our destinies were settled before we were brought into this world!
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
God said four things in this verse:
- I formed you
- I knew you
- I sanctified you
- I ordained you
God fashioned us, just as he fashioned Adam and Eve.
“God loved you before you were ever made. He loved you as he prepared you for this world. And all along he had a life and purpose prepared just for you.”
God has a plan for your life and mine. He created us for a special purpose. God’s plan from eternity past is greater than any plan you could have for yourself. We need to get to a place where we can say to God, “Whatever you have planned, I’ll do it.” Not “here’s my plans, lets go!”
5. Before we were born God knew our possibility.
- We’re created in the image of God.
- We bear his character/nature.
- We reflect him, echo his identity in how we live.
God needs to be in the proper place in our lives. Until we’re in sync and connected with him we can never feel like we’re the people we ought to be. The only way to connect with God is through his son Jesus Christ, who died for our sins.
6. Before you were born, God knew your legacy.
- The eternal impact we’d have on others.
- Our children, and children’s children – physically and spiritually.
#GodIsLove There isn't a single thing you can do to make God not love you. Click To Tweet
“When you feel unloved, like you’re not significant, like God made a mistake letting you come into the world, remember this: before you were ever conceived God loves you. In your mothers womb he loves you, when you were born God loves you, as a child he loves you. God loves you now. He always has he always will. Not only you both those who will come from you. And he’s created you to be a part of the master tapestry of his love. So rejoice in your identity.”